Providing Speech & Language Services To The Southern Gulf Islands
Thyra and her fiancé, Ryan, live on Salt Spring Island where Thyra serves as the speech language pathologist for the Gulf Islands School District. Previously, she has worked as a speech language pathologist both at the Down Syndrome Resource Foundation and the Burnaby School District, where she gained experience working with children and adults with various developmental disabilities and acquired conditions. Thyra strongly believes in collaborating with clients and their families to establish and work toward meaningful goals that improve quality of life, both in the short term and in years to come.
Everyone deserves to be heard. We are here to help clients learn to communicate in a way that others can understand.
We offer a many types of services, which will always be personalized based on your interests and needs. Services we provide may address the following:
- articulation and speech sound disorders
- motor speech disorders, e.g., dysarthria, Apraxia of Speech
- language delays and disorders
- sometimes associated with other diagnoses, e.g., Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders, and others
- social (pragmatic) communication
- augmentative and alternative communication (AAC)
- rehabilitation services following brain injury or stroke
- maintenance of communication skills in degenerative conditions
We’d love to hear from you!
Salt Spring Island, British Columbia
email@example.com or 604-679-1604
Copyright Speechcombers Speech and Language Services – All rights reserved